Saturday 8 October 2016

Prelim Evaluation

In my Prelim for Media AS Level I was given the task to make a short video featuring the 180 degree shot, match cuts and reverse shots of someone walking in a room and sitting down and having a conversation. In my group I worked with Mihak, Niame and Scott. We created a storyboard to adapt to the requirements instructed. The idea was that to create a scene which consisted of a £50 pound note and film it all within a waiting room.
The shots we used when Mihak was walking to the room was a panned shot from her legs to over her shoulders, which I found difficult to film and also later to edit because the shot was not still and wobbly. I will improve and develop this skill in my opening sequence by using the appropriate equipment such as the tripod and it's leaver for a smooth panned shot.
What me and my group were successful at was capturing close up shots of myself and Mihak without any faults in the steadiness of the shot and the lighting which is one aspect of our Prelim that I will carry on over to my film opening sequence.
Something important that I found out throughout my piece about story boarding and shot-lists was that it plays a major role in creating the visuals of the short video. By using the technique of story boarding when it came to actual filming I would understand exactly how to film the scene most effectively. 
The shot lists that my group created formed a concept of what the prelim would look like, which allowed my group to use each shot as effectively as possible, for example the panned shot of Mihak entering the room created a dimension and essence of tension. 

No comments:

Post a Comment