Tuesday 11 October 2016

Evaluation of my Prelim task

For a short prelim task, I - along with two other classmates- had to create a short 'film' showing that we understood 3 things:

- the 180 degree rule
- reverse shot
- match cutting

Personally, I believe that in the short film we have shown that we understood all three. However - I feel like the match cuts we're blunt, only a few flew seamlessly, we had great shot idea's, but when we got to actually editing, we realized that it was seamless. But, for a first time, I'm pretty happy with it! I feel like I (along with the group) was pretty good at the 180 degree rule. We understood it clearly and followed along the rules perfectly - in my opinion.

Mise-En-Scene:

With Mise-En-Scene we tried our best to fit with the story-line - a football fan going to a police questioning. So we dressed Shahida in an Arsenal football kit and made Ali wear a suit to fit in with the police vibe. I feel like we did the best we could in that situation. 


Changes:

I'd make the change of the sound track. For this task, it was more of a practice - it was not necessary. Everything would have been more dramatic and made more sense if we had the use of music, and also to use effects, but that's something we'll incorporate into the opening title sequence.


Lessons 


I have learnt that story-boarding and shot lists are so important! It's not only just planning, but every shot is used for maximum effect - you can't just do a random shot. Also - maybe they won't blend seamlessly together when editing, so you must be prepared. Personally, I prefer the storyboard as I can have a physical idea about how my media piece will look like. When I do my big production piece, I think I will use a shot list as it will be 30-60 shots, so drawing it will be a bit tedious and draining. But we will still plan out every single shot so we can incorporate effects and music and use the media as effectively as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment